www.flickr.com

Temping As A Telemarketeer

Just a little update...

As can be inferred from my previous post, I'm currently working as a telemarketeer. The pay is reasonable at $7.50 per hour, but the environment is absolutely horrid.

We have something like a punch card system, so you're required to login to the system at 9 am in the morning, and logout at 6 pm in the morning. Sounds simple enough, but the catch here is that the server records your login time in 15 mins blocks and the server time is faster than the standard time by 7 mins. So in order to login to the server at 9 am in the morning, you have to actually login to the system anytime between 8.39 am to 8.54 am. I managed to login at 9 am for the 3 days I worked last week, but I wonder how long I can keep this up. x_x The office is in Tanjong Pagar some more. -_- This is only one of the things that makes the job unbearable. Anyway, some of the temps there are already looking for other jobs to do. I want to do that too, but currently WL has no freelance projects for me to do, and I'm not very good at browsing jobsdb, jobstreet etc. :(

And trying to speak softly is practically impossible. I'm stuck with the China callbase now and we can't hear each other properly cos of the distance. -_-

No comments: