www.flickr.com

2007 In Review

Memorable Events

  • World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade launched.

  • Pinky:St doll craze.

  • Panda dumped me like I'm a shit boyfriend (which I will be if I'm a guy).

  • Cut my hair short for the first time in 8 years.

  • Formed WoW Gorgonnash Horde Guild Amitofo.

  • Operation to move my teeth around. Lost 5 kg.

  • Broke up with Muffin man.

  • Graduated from NUS. Finally.

  • New bedroom.

  • New job, new friends, old place.

  • Movie of the year for me: 881

  • First travel trip without parents.

  • Braces off!


Resolutions Review
I made the following resolutions in the beginning of 2007:
  1. Finish my HYP on time AND get a good grade for it.

  2. Concentrate on my studies this sem and hopefully pull my CAP up to 4.

  3. Find a job I like.

And I'm sad to say that I achieved none of them. :(

At the same time, I also made the following plans to be achieved by 2012:
  1. Buy ah bit a new cage.

  2. Get myself a PDA.

  3. Earn enough to hire a weekend maid so I don't have to spend time on housework anymore.

  4. Earn enough so that my parents don't have to work so hard anymore.

  5. Earn enough to let my parents go on overseas trips now and then.

  6. Buy a flat with muffin man.

  7. Buy Buru the poodle.

I managed to achieve 1. I don't wanna do 2 anymore, and I can't seem to earn enough for 3, 4 and 5. 6 and 7 look like they're not gonna happen.

Based on what I have achieved this year, on a scale of 10, I'll give this year a 5. Quite shit, but not totally shit either. Looking forward to a better 2008! Huat ah~

3 comments:

Germaine said...

I'm glad you had a memorable 2007.

I'm sure you feel strongly about being 'dumped' as you say. I suppose I should bear some ill will towards you for that choice of words, but I don't.

Let's just say that my friendship priorities changed around the time I was living alone in a foreign land, when maintaining friendships took a lot more effort that they previously did. In every relationship, people invest something of themselves, not necessarily expecting to be reciprocated. But in the long run, no one can remain fully content with getting little returns on their investment.

Also, far be it from me to force any kind of bigger picture down your throat; but if that were you, a long way from home with only a few trusted friends to call on in time of need, you might feel differently about who had been metaphorically dumped by whom.

- Germaine

Chufang said...

I don't see why you should bear ill will on my choice of words. Let me clarify that sentence in the blog post.

If I were a guy, I'll be a shit boyfriend of yours. And it's totally logical for you to dump me. Hence the choice of words.

emerald said...

huat ah!